Wednesday, February 26, 2014

week one of the K-pop academy



On Saturday the 22 of February I went to the Korean culture center   (http://www.kccuk.org.uk/welcome.do) for the first day of the K-pop academy.

When I got there There were already loads of people. I went over to the front desk and got my name tag. Then I joined the queue. At the end of the queue there was girl who took a photo of me and then I when to sit down.
As well as my name tag i also got a 2014 Planner from them. Each month has different photos of various Korean traditional things like: Art, Folklore, Dance, Music, Architecture and so on.




On the tables there were books of the last (or was it the first) k-pop academy so I looked through it. It was very interesting!

After that we where shown into the small auditorium like room, where we all sat down and the lady introduced the k-pop academy program and stuff. Then we started with our presentations.

My presentation was in the middle or at the end of the first half and well it didn't really go according to plan, but yeah it was fine.  Everyone was really nice and it was really fun laughing together and talking about Korean stuff freely.

Next we went into the other room and got some snacks and water. I talked to some of  the other people and then we went back in. There were more presentations and then after there was a quiz!
It was an X or O quiz so there was a question and we had to stand on either side of the room according to whether we thought it was true or false.
At first I was really confused as to which was which but I understood just in time and went on to win it!!!!!! I got a prize too! This is what i got:


It's a Lego calendar.
I must say I've never really liked Lego, but what ever. It's still nice!

After the quiz we did another game where we where all split into teams and then each team had 60 seconds to do a sort of word game where one person would describe whatever it was and the others had to guess... bad description... oh well. all the teams (apart from like, one) got 3 so no one won. They said they would give a prize to everyone next time.
After that it was the end. As a Final word the girl said that one of the coats in the exhibition was the actual one GDragon wore in Crooked! Everyone was really exited about that haha.



Here is a photo I took in front of it with a fellow K-pop academy student:


Had tons of fun and I can't wait for next week!


No comments:

Post a Comment