Friday, March 14, 2014

Week Three Homework

I chose option 1 from our homework this week which was: Compare the traditional clothes of Korea, China and Japan.

There is so much I could talk about on this topic! I mean really there is soooooo much to talk about and I literally have no time! TT^TT if only so i did a drawing of each outfit and I'll give more details in this post.

so firstly there are two different traditional Chinese clothes. The Qipao and the Hanfu.



The Qipao is what most people think is the traditional dress from china. But this particular dress only started to be worn in the 1920's so I don't really  think that it really counts, i mean we don't think that this:

is our traditional dress do we?  
Anyhow, for now I'm going to discard the Qipao and concentrate on the Hanfu.



The Hanfu seems to come from about 1600. wiki sais 'The hanfu is now worn during some festivals or coming of age/rite of passage ceremonies, by hobbyists or historical re-enactors, by Taoist, Confucian or Buddhist monks and priests during religious ceremonies, or as a cultural exercise. It is often seen in Chinese television serials, films and other forms of media entertainment. There is also a movement in China and some overseas Chinese communities to revive Han Chinese clothing in daily life and incorporate it into Chinese festivals or celebrations.' 

The hanfu is a loose dress with loose upper garment with open lapels. 


The Japanese Traditional dress is the Kimono.

The kimono Changes with the seasons. In spring the patterns are usually of flowers like sakura in summer they would most likely wear a yukata which is a lighter vertion in automn leafy patterns in winter the kimono would have more layers and in darker colours.
The original Komono has to be taken apart to be washed and then resewn together.




The Korean traditional dress is the Hanbok.



The Hanbok is made from the Jeogori or jacket and Chima or skirt so basically two parts which is the most apparent difference between them.



here is my drawing:







I'm sorry i could have explained this a lot better but honestly don't have anytime   so I did my very best!



No comments:

Post a Comment