Thursday, March 6, 2014

Week two of the K-pop academy



On the 1st of March I made my long trip to London again. I sat next to a guy who looked drunk...(not because i wanted to!) that was a bit nerve wrecking. And then he kept trying to talk to me!! ahhhh
Anyway I made it! i went around London for a bit  and got some Japanese Face lotion sheets (haha) they're funny. i'll do an other post about them later.
Anyways (yes my favorite word is anyway) at 2 o'clock I was in the Korean Culture Center and as i said in the last post everyone got a prize from last week! It was this:



A Taegikgi! (The Korean flag)
we all gathered in the entrance

(that's after but imagine loads of people in there) isn't it pretty?!



In the fist part Professor Yeon Jae Hoon of SOAS university in London gave us a really really really interesting lecture on Hangul (and the Korean language)
Here are some of the notes I took: There are different theories as to the origin of the Korean language. Altaic theory is the most probable. Korean together with Japanese known as orphan language or isolated language. Hangul has 40 letters but can also be said to have 24. Hangul was invented in December 1443 but as it's according to the Luna calendar it can be said to have been January 1444. From The Hangul they used in 1443 on to the Hangul we know now there are 4 letters that have disappeared. South Korea has taken many English word to make Konglish like hand phone meaning cell phone  but In north Korea they have taken Russian words. Some Korean dialects can't distinguish vowels.

After that we went back into the room that i put a photo of. Inside they had put sheets of paper with each of our names written in Hangul around, we had to find our one. I kind of know Hangul so i was really confident but in the end i had to have help because the letter K was written differently to how i'm used to it and so i didn't recognize it at all! when we'd all found our names we went back into the other room and did calligraphy.



(photos of my friends and my calligraphy)

It was really fun and i got my fingers full of ink (haha)
After the k-pop academy Me and my friends (accompanied by my mum keke)
went to the small shop under Soul bakery!



Thy had some nice k-pop stuff. I got some cute stickers and a box of Choco pie again i'll do an other post on them.
Then we got some bubble tea and got the train home.

No comments:

Post a Comment